FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
- The department handles matters of planning for and promoting corporate finance business and consulting assistance to operating branches.
- Planning and formulation of accounting systems, budgets, statistics and bank wide accounts and interest matters, including management of the Central Data Processing Unit.
- The mission of the internal audit is to ensure that the society’s operations are conducted according to standards by providing an independent and objective assurance function and by advising on best practice.
- Internal audit is directly responsible to the audit committee of the board, although administratively the departments reports to the office of the C.E.O.
- The department takes care of planning, implementation, and examination of internal auditing matters, and participation in the formulation and revision of operating and management regulations.
- Ensuring that all policies of the Sacco are properly implemented and adhered to.
- Evaluating the performance of all departments and making recommendations whether their performance is up to required standards.
- Ensuring complete and accuracy of all financial, statistical and accounting records.
- It ensures review of risk management procedures, internal control systems, information systems, accounting systems and governance process